MESSAGE FROM THE NASW-DE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Greetings NASW DE Members:
I hope everyone is enjoying our slow start to spring. With the erratic weather in March, the chapter unfortunately had to postpone our scheduled Social Work Month Symposium. Thank you to all who registered for the event. We are working with our presenters and planning committee to find a time for a future reschedule date, and look forward to announcing that as soon as plans are finalized. We will be announcing other stand alone workshops for the coming months as we prepare for licensure renewal in January 2019.
As we start to gear up for graduations, summer vacations and travel, I want to encourage all of our members to consider running for a position on our Chapter Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is the key decision making body for our local chapter and provides a voice to the overall membership in program planning and activities. If you've ever been interested in taking a more active role with the association, please feel free to reach out to myself or our chapter president with any questions.
Michael Francum, MSW, ACSW
Executive Director, NASW DE
DELAWARE NEWS & EVENTS...
The New Castle County Representative Presents
Self-Care for the Caretaker:
Combating Compassion Fatigue with Yoga +Meditation
Feeling stressed? Are you worn out from working with clients? Do you take on clients’ stress? Does your job create emotional tension for you? If yes, join us for a program on self-care and combating compassion fatigue from a LPMHC. You will be introduced to meditation, yoga, and mindfulness techniques to help decompress and fight compassion fatigue.
When: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Where:Pure Yoga Pilates Studio,14 A Trolley Square Wilmington,DE
Cost:$15 per person
To register, visit: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/asp/main_enroll.asp?fl=true&tabID=8
Questions? Contact Jennifer Daniels, MSW, NCCO Rep: NewCastleRep@naswde.org
NASW-DE Chapter Board Meeting – The next chapter meeting will be held on ThursdayApril 12, January 11th, 2018 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, and will take place at Delaware State University, Price Building, Room 215. The meeting will end at 8:00 PM. The meeting is open to all members. Please feel free to join us and meet your NASW elected leadership.
Delaware Board of Clinical Social Work Examiners - Next meeting: Monday, April 16th, 2018 at 9:00 A.M.in the Cannon Building, located at 861 Silver Lake Boulevard, Dover, DE 19901.
The NASW Delaware Chapter serves a Delaware membership of 400 and seeks to have leaders that reflect the diversity of our chapter membership. Currently, we are looking for volunteers interested in leadership positions in which each role requires different responsibilities and commitments. However, the one thing all candidates should have is a desire to help carry out the NASW Delaware Chapter’s mission (All terms begin July 1, 2018):
- President-Elect (1-year term, followed by 2 year term as President): the President Elect is available to work in close collaboration with the President; and, performs duties as assigned by the President. As President they will be the presiding officer of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, and an ex-officio member of all committees without a vote except as provided in the committee charge; represents the Board of Directors and reports to the Board of Directors all important interim actions; and, in consultation with the Board of Directors, makes all appropriate committee, task force, unit and other appointments. The President shall work collaboratively with the Executive Director and the National Office to achieve the goals of the Chapter.
- First Vice President (2-year term) the First Vice President fulfills the duties of the President in the event of absence or disability and assumes the Presidency upon the President’s resignation or inability to discharge the office. The First Vice President also oversees the Chapter Diversity Plan, including the annual progress reporting, and performs other duties as assigned by the President.
- Kent County Rep (1-year appointment): Represents the members of Kent County and is involved in diverse ways to represent member interest from this county.
- Sussex County Rep (2-year term): Represents the members of Sussex County and is involved in diverse ways to represent member interest from this county.
- BSW Student Rep (1-year term): An undergraduate matriculating student in a social work degree program. members are involved with in diverse ways, their membership on the board does not represent any individual group or interest, but rather serves the entire chapter membership.
- MSW Student Rep (1-year term): A matriculating graduate student in a master’s degree program in social work. members are involved with in diverse ways, their membership on the board does not represent any individual group or interest, but rather serves the entire chapter membership.
If you are interested in any of the positions above, please completed the C-CNLI Nomination Form by May 7, 2018. If you have any questions or are interested in serving the chapter on one of our committees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NASW DE Chapter members with Governor John Carney at the March ACCEL event
(Pictured: Michael Francum, Dr. Marlene Saunders, Debra O'Neil, Governor Carney, Dr. Sheridan Quarless Kingsberry, Michelle Adams, Dr. Eleanor Kiesel)
Click here to view current Job Postings or Advertisements.
For classified advertisement rates for job posting or advertisement, click here.
Continuing Education Coordinator (Part-Time)
The Delaware Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), with a statewide membership of nearly 400, is seeking a Part-Time Continuing Education Coordinator. The Continuing Education Coordinator is an hourly position, with approximately 10 hours of responsibilities per week. Applicants should be able to work independently to coordinate planning, promotion, and logistical execution of chapter continuing education activities under the guidance of the executive director and chapter volunteer leadership. Additional requirements of this position including providing excellent customer service and administrative oversight to the NASW-DE Continuing Education Pre-Approval program and assisting the executive director with other general office duties as needed. Flexible work schedules will be considered.